Tower of Clerigos (PT – Portugal)

The Clerigos Tower is one of the paradigmatic architectural landmarks of Porto. The structure is, in fact, part of the Clerigos Church, representing its bell tower. The church proper was built between 1732 and 1750, but the construction works at the Clerigos Tower started no sooner than 1754, only to be completed in 1763. It was designed by Nicolau Nasoni, the Italian architect who left a strong artistic print on Porto since he also contributed, at least in part, to the design of sundry other landmarks of the city, such as the Porto Cathedral, the Church of Mercy and the very Clerigos Church.

To view other UNESCO Heritage sites, click here.

Visit www.hawpproject.eu for more information or to participate in other Erasmus+ projects

Leave a Reply